Monday, October 29, 2012

Nepturn



Neptune
    My name is Neptune . I am one of the planets of the Solar System . I am the eighth planet from the Sun . The distance from the Sun to me is 4504 million km . A space probe such as the Voyager 2 will take 12 years to reach me . I take 164.8 years to make one complete orbit around the Sun . The time I take to make one rotation on my own axis is 22 hours . Since the discovery of my existence in 1846, I have yet to complete one orbit around the Sun .
    I also experience the four seasons but the change from one season to another takes a long time because my orbit around the Sun is very slow . I receive very little light and heat from the Sun because I am very far away from the Sun . Therefore, it is very dark and very cold with a temperature below -150°C on my surface .
    I am 57 times the size of Earth and I have 13 natural satellites . Like Jupiter, I also have rings around me . Although I have 4 rings , they cannot be seen clearly .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow ! The picture and the explanation are very nice and clear.Keep it up !

Anonymous said...

Short and clear!! Nice!!